1/20/2015

Bam! Spirit!

Hello!

Weekly update:
Life has been good! We have 3 new investigators. One is Melanie - she is lovely. Her husband died last year and she turned to alcohol and smoking to cope. She is so excited to turn a new leaf and we are happy to be there for her through it. We also met Ben and Preston - they're 12 and 14. Their dad is a member and their mom is not. We shared the message of Joseph Smiths first vision and the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. During it we asked how they felt. The 12 year old said he didn't know. The 14 year old said he felt different and cool. Bam! Spirit! Now the trouble here is mom is not too happy with the idea of the boys getting baptized. She wants them to learn but is
not sure how she feels about baptism. Yesterday we knocked the doors of half of our 50 referrals. It didn't bring much success but we did have some good conversations and found a couple of potential people who just need some love and to feel the spirit.

We are working on training out ward councils on the ward mission process. We are also meeting with the ward missionaries to train on teaching active members and challenging them to invite someone to meet with us within two weeks.

We are excited about the changes and the shift in missionary work here.

I am happy and I am blessed.

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee
with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10

With Love,

Sister Kingsford

No comments:

Post a Comment